Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Paper Accordion Fold Circles

Last week, I showed a banner I made for Halloween, and in it, I used these paper circles. But I couldn't figure out how to describe making them!

I wanted to make a video, but I didn't have anyone or anything to hold the camera, so I have a picture set instead!

These directions are for a 6 inch circle, but you can play with the width of the strips, and the spacing of the folds to change it up!

1. You will need: two 3"x12" strips of paper, a 3"x3.5" piece of scrap paper, a hot glue gun or another type of fast drying liquid glue, and an adhesive runner (not shown here). You might want a scoring board, but you don't have to have it.

2. Score each strip every half inch.

3. Fold up the paper along the score lines like an accordion. If you don't have a score board, just make an accordion fold as even as possible!


4. Apply adhesive to the last fold of one of the strips and adhere it to the last fold of the other strip.


6. Repeat step 5 on the other side, so you have a circle, with the pattern you want showing facing inside.

7. Flatten out the circle. This is a little tricky, because you need to keep holding it or it will pop up.

8. Apply the hot glue around the center of the circle, and place the piece of scrap paper on top of the glue.
9. Lift the edges of the scrap paper and apply glue all over.

10. I put something on top of the circle to keep it pressed down for a few minutes, until I'm sure the glue is dry.

11. Now you have a pretty circle!


I love these, they can be a sun, flowers, home decor, anything!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Great tutorial Katie! I love the looks of these!

PS went to Michaels last night :)

Deanna said...

Thanks for this tutorial, love these!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...