Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Honeymoon Recap {Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas}

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It is so exciting to be back here on the blog!

Yesterday, I shared a mini wedding recap.

Today, I thought I'd share a few pictures from our honeymoon!

After our St. Lucia vacation last year, we decided to book another Sandals resort for our honeymoon. This time, we picked the Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas. I am so so glad that we did! It was even better than the resort we went to in St. Lucia, and we loved that we decided to go for 10 days instead of seven!

We spent most of our days hanging out at the pool.

Or on the beach.

And at night, we got all dressed up for dinner.

We ate and drank and ate some more! (PS. That middle picture isn't photoshopped or anything at all! The bartenders noticed that I was taking pictures of my martini, so they decided to show us something a little more fun to photograph - flaming sambuca!)

We left the resort to explore the island and go to Chat n Chill. I got to feed an actual stingray from the ocean and AJ loved their fresh conch salad (seriously, we watched the guy pull the conch up from the water and filet it right in front of us!)

We walked the golf course, saw a junkanoo band, played shuffle board, pool, croquet and bocce, and enjoyed the pretty views everywhere we looked!

And after 10 days, we were ready to come home and start our new lives as a married couple!

Okay, not exactly "ready", because really, who wants to leave the beach and the pool and eating out every single day to go back to work...

But we've been back for a week now, and we are both getting back into the swing of things here. Of course, my favorite part has been being able to talk/text/email people again (roaming + internet not working = no outside world contact for us!) and shopping at Target again!

What is your favorite part about coming home after a long vacation?


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

9 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks like a marvelous honeymoon!

Becky said...

What an amazing and perfect way to start your marriage! Especially the part about no outside contact, that's probably a good thing! :) what gorgeous pictures and you two look so happy and relaxed! My favorite part about coming home is that moment when everything is unpacked and the laundry is done!

Kaeley said...

These pictures are amazing . .. . It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip. It makes me think about our honeymoon to a resort in Jamaica a couple years ago. Now I want to go back!!

I hate everything about coming home from vacation, ha.

Mary Jo said...

Looks amazing! :)
I have to say when we were in Mexico, I loved the no contact with the outside world thing. I turned off my phone for a whole week :)
But I do like getting back into routine as soon as possible after trips. I am usually pretty ready to get home by the last day or so.

Glad you had such a great time!

Jules said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip and oh my it was a gorgeous resort....the pictures are wonderful! I am with Becky, I like to get home and get everything unpacked, washed and back it it's place...however, sometimes this takes longer than I would like!

Christina said...

Oh wow-that looks like an amazing honeymoon! That resort looks stunning. So glad you had a great trip.
My favorite part is sleeping in my own bed-I love the beach but I sure do miss my bed. :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Oh that looked AH-MAZE-ING! I love all of the photos of you two. You both look great and SO relaxed. The food and drink all sounds crazy good too!

I usually start doing laundry as soon as I walk through the door, I like getting back home--going through the mail, doing laundry and checking out my house that I missed..just getting back into a normal routine!

Tracy said...

It looks like you two enjoyed every second of your time there.
Looks like a wonderful honeymoon.
So happy you enjoyed your honeymoon.
Just being in the comfort and familiar surroundings of my home is what makes me happy to be home after a long trip.

Michelle S said...

Amazing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...