Friday, March 28, 2014

Project Life 2014 {Week 9}

Happy Friday everyone!

We are getting a ton of rain over here. The thunder and lightning are crazy and I'm just hoping that the lights stay on at the house while I'm showering (because that would be scary!) But if the lights want to go out at school and get us a day off, I'd be fine with that! I am so not looking forward to driving on easily flooded roads, and I definitely don't want to get stuck in Baton Rouge if they do!

But I do love rainy days like this, they just make everything seem so cozy. Its the perfect day to hang out in the craft room with a big cup of tea!

I guess I'll have to settle with just sharing a few pages instead. And hoping I don't get stuck in any puddles on my way home so I can craft when I get there!

Week 9 | February 24 - March 2, 2014

This layout is a little "backwards" the pictures on the left side are from the end of the week - our first Mardi Gras in Baton Rouge. We celebrated by going to the Spanish Town parade, which was awesome! At first I thought the whole throwing/catching beads thing was odd, until I started catching a whole bunch of them. Then I realized how fun it was! We will definitely add "celebrating Mardi Gras" to our list of fun things we learned while moving around the country (see also: deep dish pizza, dying the river green, lakes)

The right page highlights my mom and Nonni's trip to Baton Rouge in the beginning of the week. One of my favorite parts about the trip was my Nonni teaching AJ how to make meatballs. I don't eat - or even cook! - anything with ground meat, so he was very excited to learn how to cook meatballs, one of his favorites, on his own! And I thought it was just so sweet to watch him and my Nonni cook together. And to take pictures from the other side of the kitchen when they weren't looking ;)

Because I used the Design C (6 4x6 pockets) for the right side, there wasn't a pocket to fit any of my 3x4 cards, and I really wanted to use the "This Makes Me Smile" 3x4 card for the picture of AJ and my Nonni.

So I used my favorite trick.


I lined up two 3x4 cards next to each other, and used some washi tape on the back to hold them together. Then I slipped my new 4x6 card in the pocket :)

It also works great for pictures that might not fit into the pockets you have available. Like this horizontal picture of my beads...there was no way it would fit into the portrait sized pocket. Sometimes turning the picture sideways works, this time it didn't. So I taped the "love this" card above the picture, and trimmed the picture + card down to 4x6. I love that I got to use an extra card and could still include my favorite picture from Mardi Gras!



It also works great to add a little bit of journaling + a pretty design card to a 4x6 pocket. Seriously, the possibilities here are endless. And its super easy. Probably why I love it so much!

Do you have any Project Life secrets to share?


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

6 comments:

VintageScrapsCanada said...

So cute as usual ...
you almost make we wanna to a Porjust life ...
just need to find the time !

Jules said...

That is so sweet about your Nonni and AJ making the meatballs...great layouts and way to get creative to make the cards and pictures work for you. Have a great weekend!

Mary Jo said...

Look at all those beads!! :)
We haven't gone to the Mardi Gras parade here in years. The weather is usually not that great.
But that is a great PL spread. I like your card trick. I have to say that I don't have many PL tips cause I am just working on the summer PL. But I knew I had bought some Becky Higgins variety pack PL protectors and couldn't find them when I went to that crop recently. Lo and behold I did find them in one of my big closet clean out piles yesterday! At least I know I did buy them and wasn't imagining it! :)

Becky said...

I love that your Nonni taught AJ how to make her meatballs, LOVE IT! That Mardi Gras picture of you on the column is one of my favorites of you :) What a fun week!! We got a ton of rain and thunderstorms here on Thursday, even some hail!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

How clever! I like how you use the PL cards in different ways! That was another fun week for you guys!

Nirupama said...

Love your trick! Your spread looks so colorful and fun. What a great trip :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...