Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Project Life 2014 {Week 25}

Ahhhhh! It feels so good to be back here, writing again.

After my internet break, I was overwhelmed about coming back to my blog. I felt guilty that I was behind on catching up with what was going on with all of my blog friends. I couldn't believe that I let so much time, and so many posts go by. And I couldn't imagine here again until I caught up, but was so overwhelmed I would just shut down at the idea of it.

And then I remembered the worst thing a  scrapper could do - feel so behind and overwhelmed that they stopped scrapping. And this was exactly what I was doing with my other favorite hobby, blogging! And being honest, I wasn't scrapping or taking pictures, even cooking was a chore and not enjoyable!

So Saturday morning, I decided to chill out and just blog again. So here I am.

And it feels so wonderful to be back. And sharing a Project Life layout from before my break, which just makes me remember even more how much I missed this!

Week 25 | June 16 - June 22, 2014
This week was a big part of my summer scrapbook extravaganza! The left page shows some of my crafts from that week, including a moving box turned Fourth of July wreath, and working on my layouts in my scrapbookroom.

The right side shows a few other favorite moments from this summer. Including my favorite summer "uniform" of shorts + a sweatshirt (our house is cold, but the outside is hot!) + watching the World Cup at a local bar with some of AJ's friends.

And somewhat fittingly for this post about getting back to posting one of my favorite stamps "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."

Do you ever feel guilt or overwhelmed about falling behind, in blogging, crafting or anywhere in your life? How do you handle it?


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

6 comments:

Jules said...

So very happy to see you back! I am famous for the unplanned blog breaks, but at least from me people expect it..lol. As I mentioned in the email the other day these blog breaks are popping up ALL OVER the internet, so don't feel bad about it....do what makes your heart happy!

Becky said...

I always feel a wee bit guilty, but life happens :) Love your Project Life week!!

Tracy said...

I am so happy you are back to blogging, I had missed you.
We chatted about what we do when we feel behind and overwhelmed about getting caught up here.
Sometime we just have to let the past comments go and start from the most recent ones :)

Tracy said...

Oops, forgot to leave some love about your PL pages, which are always great by the way :)
Love the colour theme for these weeks and your hot/cold outfit ;)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Great to see you back! I get overwhelmed when I get behind, but it happens sometimes and I just need to get back to it! My favorite summer outfit is shorts and a sweatshirt (or sweater) too!

Dawn Gross said...

Welcome back! Pretty pages! I need to get in gear and order some pictures!! I haven't done any pages since April.

I am always behind on something whether it's PL, some other crafty projects, family stuff, house stuff ... sometimes it makes me crazy, other times I just have to remember that I can't do everything all the time. We're so hard on ourselves!

Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...