Friday, August 21, 2015

Week in the Life 2015 {Thursday}

Yesterday, I took the most pictures out of all the days this week. When I was uploading them, I couldn't believe how many I took!

I didn't write my blog post or upload my pictures Wednesday night, so I just did it when I woke up in the morning. Which happened to be super early, because I woke up with AJ's alarm before 5am! Usually when that happens, I fall back asleep after an hour or two, but that just wasn't the case this time. I don't mind being up so early though.

It was one of those late summer almost early fall days where the weather is nice and cool and perfect for opening all the windows. And I spied just a few orange leaves outside the window all the way to the right! (Unfortunately, today isn't so cool and the a/c is back on)

Once I realized there was no way I was going to fall back asleep, I decided to just be up and get ready for my day. I had a quick errand to run, but wanted to wait until I knew for sure that the dry cleaner would be open!

I love that my vanity is now cleaned and organized and it is so much easier to sit down and put on makeup. You might have also noticed that it is in the nursery. The bedrooms in this apartment are so small (but the living areas are quite large!) that its the only place it fits! But I think it could work nicely once the baby is here.

I figured with the cooler weather (it was 64 when I left the house) that it was actually a cardigan kind of day. I loved being able to pull these out of their boxes!

A quick view of what I saw when looking up...

 and looking down during my walk to the dry cleaner.

My new maternity jeans needed to be hemmed. They were the perfect length to wear with a pair of heels, but I'd really rather wear them with flats!


A quick stop at the grocery store for a water bottle.

They started a new policy in Chicago where you can't get plastic bags at the grocery store anymore. Its a good policy, and I understand why they did it, but it can be difficult when you stop at the store for something unexpectedly without your reuseable bags (usually when I'm walking by on my way home from the L and remember that we are out of something). They do have brown paper bags, but they don't have handles, so its hard to carry them home when you are walking!

And then it was time for a nap!

After my nap, I wanted to do laundry, but they'd turned off the water in my apartment building! I don't know why - they are renovating the apartment downstairs and also there were a ton of construction vehicles going up and down our street. So I couldn't do any new laundry, but the laundry that I hung up on Monday was dry and ready to be folded and put away.

Then I spent about an hour unpacking and listening to the Paperclipping Roundtable. I finally finished the last two big boxes (all clothes - mostly mine that went right into Rubbermaid containers for storage). Now I just have a few small ones left, but I need a few more storage containers!

Since I'd done everything on my to do list for Thursday (aside from washing towels!) I just relaxed on the couch for a while.

And painted my nails with another one of my favorite Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.

And then the mail finally came! I've been waiting for this package of pictures to arrive for days (it didn't take an absurdly long time or anything, I'm just very impatient when it comes to ordering pictures!) I couldn't wait to get them out of the package and into my Project Life!

I don't have a dedicated scrapbook area anymore, but Project Life is pretty easy to do on the couch.

Most weeks, one afternoon after work, AJ rides a trail by his work with one of his coworkers.

Since it was a later than usual dinner night, we did breakfast for dinner again. This time, we made waffles! The baby loves waffles, or probably more accurately, the baby loves syrup! Anytime I have waffles or pancakes, the baby throws a dance party!

We finally caught up on Wednesday night's Master Chef. Well...here we were watching a commercial. Which wasn't all that interesting ;)

Finally, it was time for bed. 

I'm hoping that I am able to keep up with taking photographs throughout the weekend. That is where the wheels have fallen off for me before! I think tomorrow should go well though, we are going to go downtown to our favorite Famer's Market and I'm really looking forward to taking pictures there!


Find more from Katie Stories here:
twitter | facebook | instagram | pinterest | google+ | bloglovin

3 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Love that nail color!!! Your cardi looks so cute! What does your t-shirt say? Looks like a productive Thursday!! How do you do the photos? Timer or remote?

Dawn Gross said...

You are a busy beaver. I wouldn't be too sad about not being able to do laundry! Happy weekend!

Becky said...

What a busy day! Love all the photos you took too! Don't you love that PL is portable like that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...